San Luis Obispo County Superior Court
- Public access to the San Luis Obispo, Paso Robles and Grover Beach courthouses is limited to matters on the calendar that day. The document drop-box is available in San Luis Obispo only.
- All other business with the Court is currently being done remotely. See the list of Remote Access Options below.
- Face coverings and social distancing are required in all San Luis Obispo County courthouses.
Santa Barbara County Superior Court
THE COURT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR
- Chamber ex-parte requests for Civil Harassment TROs, Domestic Violence TROs, and Gun Violence Protective Orders
- Emergency ex-parte proceedings in Unlawful Detainers
- Ex parte Guardianship requests where a minor’s safety is at risk
- Emergency conservatorship and other emergency orders in Probate
- Parties seeking emergency ex parte orders should call:
- North County phone number: (805 )614-6500
- South County phone number: (805) 882-4590
- All search warrants (day and night) will be electronically submitted
EXCEPT AS INDICATED BELOW THE COURT WILL BE CLOSED FOR:
- All criminal proceedings, except in-custody arraignments.
- All civil proceedings will be rescheduled
- All Unlawful Detainer (UD) matters will be rescheduled
- All temporary restraining orders which would otherwise expire during this closure will be automatically extended for 30 days
- All family court departments are closed; family law & family support matters will be rescheduled
- The Family Law Facilitator’s Office is closed for public transactions
- All clinics and workshops have been cancelled
- The Family Law Facilitator’s office will conduct appointments telephonically
- Family Court Services office is closed for public transactions
- All family court mediation matters are being conducted telephonically
- Juvenile matters are still being heard
- All traffic matters will be rescheduled
- All those cited to appear in Traffic Court will have a 30-day grace period starting when the court reopens all services (monitor www.sbcourts.org for service updates)
- All small claims matters will be rescheduled
- All Probate hearings will be rescheduled
- All in-person visits related to guardianship and conservatorship cases are suspended
- The Probate Facilitator’s office is closed for public transactions; appointments will be conducted telephonically
Court Operation Plan: https://www.sbcourts.org/gi/notices/CourtOperationsPlan_050920.pdf