San Luis Obispo County Superior Court
- Public access to the San Luis Obispo, Paso Robles and Grover Beach courthouses is limited to matters on the calendar that day. The document drop-box is available in San Luis Obispo only.
- All other business with the Court is currently being done remotely. See the list of Remote Access Options below.
- Face coverings and social distancing are required in all San Luis Obispo County courthouses.
Santa Barbara County Superior Court– Effective March 17, 2020 through May 23, 2020
THE COURT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR
- Chamber ex-parte requests for Civil Harassment TROs, Domestic Violence TROs, and Gun Violence Protective Orders
- Emergency ex-parte proceedings in Unlawful Detainers
- Ex parte Guardianship requests where a minor’s safety is at risk
- Emergency conservatorship and other emergency orders in Probate
- Parties seeking emergency ex parte orders should call:
- North County phone number: (805 )614-6500
- South County phone number: (805) 882-4590
- All search warrants (day and night) will be electronically submitted
EXCEPT AS INDICATED BELOW THE COURT WILL BE CLOSED FOR:
- All criminal proceedings, except in-custody arraignments.
- All civil proceedings will be rescheduled
- All Unlawful Detainer (UD) matters will be rescheduled
- All temporary restraining orders which would otherwise expire during this closure will be automatically extended for 30 days
- All family court departments are closed; family law & family support matters will be rescheduled
- The Family Law Facilitator’s Office is closed for public transactions
- All clinics and workshops have been cancelled
- The Family Law Facilitator’s office will conduct appointments telephonically
- Family Court Services office is closed for public transactions
- All family court mediation matters are being conducted telephonically
- Juvenile matters are still being heard
- All traffic matters will be rescheduled
- All those cited to appear in Traffic Court will have a 30-day grace period starting when the court reopens all services (monitor www.sbcourts.org for service updates)
- All small claims matters will be rescheduled
- All Probate hearings will be rescheduled
- All in-person visits related to guardianship and conservatorship cases are suspended
- The Probate Facilitator’s office is closed for public transactions; appointments will be conducted telephonically
Court Operation Plan: https://www.sbcourts.org/gi/notices/CourtOperationsPlan_050920.pdf